Think quiche is hard to make?
The only difficult thing about making quiche used to be making the crust. With the crazy amount of quality, pre-made crusts and gluten free crusts available, this family-friendly "egg pie" whips up almost as fast as scrambled eggs. Tender green baby spinach packs in the nutrition and color, while tasty ham and Swiss cheese can scrub a pout from the grumpiest morning face. But don’t stop there. This is a quick, make-in-advance supper, too.
- 2 tablespoons Organic Valley Salted Butter
- 2 cups washed, patted dry, and chopped spinach
- 6 Organic Valley Grade A Extra Large Brown Eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Organic Valley Half and Half
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces Organic Valley Baby Swiss Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Boneless Ham, cubed
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add spinach leaves and sauté (about 1 minute) until just wilted yet bright green.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Add green onions and fresh parsley.
- Place prepared pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated Baby Swiss over the bottom of crust.
- Spread sauted spinach leaves on top of cheese.
- Spread cubed ham evenly over spinach.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow quiche to “set” inside the warm oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Tip: If you’re going to make one, you might as well make 2 and freeze one for later use